FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Marriott "The Ultimate Reservation Guarantee" (pre-Bonvoy)
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:20 am
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by margarita girl

I did say “I believe I’m eligible for the $25 guarantee” and pulled it up on my phone. The FD agent called the mgr over and he said that because the hotel offered breakfast, this did not apply. Note that breakfast was not mentioned until I brought it up. I have the mgr’s card so I will contact him directly. I doubt I get any money, but maybe some bonus pts.
Well, my stay credit just posted and all I got was the base points and elite bonus. No welcome amenity! (Of course, I'm not getting the welcome amenity on most of my stays, so I suspect that is due to Marriott's IT, but that is beside the point.) This now bolsters my case that I was not offered a welcome amenity and even after I requested the points, I still did not receive them. (I did not have breakfast, heck, I didn't even use the room as this was strictly a mattress run for my 10 brands.) Since the manager was kind enough to provide me with a business card with an EMAIL address, I fired off an email asking for goodwill points.