FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Palacio Duhau - Park Hyatt Buenos Aires REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:20 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Duke787
Okay great feedback. The only cause for concern I saw were a couple of reports of strong smoke smell in the rooms coming up from the cigar bar, I'm very sensitive to smoke (due to health considerations) so would just want to make sure to avoid that.

I did call up and found out that the premium suite upgrade is Park Executive Suite which doesn't necessarily seem worth it (if it was one of the top line suites I would think differently) but it does seem like it might be worth paying an extra $10/night to bump up to the King Bed Deluxe. It's also currently available on C&P which is another reasonable option (though unfortunately due to devaluation is 10k + $175 based on 50% of the non-corporate best rate of $350).

Definitely didn't expect IC to be in the same league just gauging whether free stay at IC vs. paying for PH made more sense (and maybe using IHG points in Santiago instead of paying for Ren Santiago)
If you're sensitive to smoke, ask for a room in the new building. The smoking bar is on the palace side, where there are also tables on the balcony that permit smoking. IIRC both restaurant terraces permit smoking, but a high floor room in the new building should work well.