FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - High value SPG members: Marriott screwing us on LTPP because they can't do IT
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:54 pm
stant

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by dayone
Primarily to "grandfather" (read: one-time grant) legacy Marriott lifetime Platinum members who had earned that "level" (75 nights) and benefits in the old program. Offering it on some basis to Starwood members is an accommodation.
OHHHHH. well now that I know what grandfather means, I am perfectly happy that I can spend 125 nights a year in starriot properties these days and spend tens of thousands a dollars a year with them and have been a member since the spg program started BUT not get access to ltpp just because I went from not quite making platinum for many years straight to ambassador level, just not for long enough to get my 10 platinum years in to qualify... So I'll have more nights and more spend than (at least some - maybe many) LTPPs even more total years of loyalty, i just wont ever be able to qualify. makes perfect sense.

/sarcasm

Last edited by stant; Nov 30, 2018 at 5:26 pm