FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Royal First Class Lounge and Royal Orchid Spa information and access.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:35 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by lamphs
Hello. I did a bit of a search in the thread, but did not find a clear answer.

CDG->BKK TG F (arrive 0600)
BKK->HAN TG C (depart 1700)

Booking on Lifemiles is 120K miles, booking on United is 145K miles. Lifemiles would require me booking two tickets whereas United would be one ticket. Would I be allowed FCL access on two separate tickets or am I better off booking one ticket to ensure access. Will TG combine PNRs?

And to clarify, I would not have FCL spa access in this situation, correct?

Many thanks!
Lifemiles could be done as a single ticket if you use the screenshot method... take screenshots of the available CDG-BKK and BKK-HAN flights, and a third screenshot showing no availability CDG-HAN. Send those off to Lifemiles and they'll ticket it as a single award (more details on the Avianca thread here on FT). That would come in at 102000 miles rather than 120, but note they can take 3 or 4 days to make the booking, so there's a risk availability could go. For peace of mind you could ticket as two awards if you wanted.

Separate tickets will still get you access to the FCL. On arrival from CDG you'll be met with a golf cart to take you to immigration. Tell them at that time you have a connecting flight and they'll take you to the FCL instead. Arriving F on TG and connecting to J gets FCL.

No First class spa, but you'll get the 30 mins J class spa.