FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777-300ER Best seat?
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:07 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by lall
Will be flying as a couple JFK -YVR on the 4-class 777 300ER (77H), business class.

Being OW Emerald, we can choose any seats in J class (the J section of the plane is completely empty at the moment except the two seats we have chosen) and have just reserved 11 D & G in the mini cabin just behind the F class. But i read that this row might possibly endure noise from the bin and traffic to and from the toilets.
So my question is: do we stick with 11 D&G or should we take the 12 D &G instead; or alternatively choose the middle seats in the main J cabin, something like 15 D&G?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
thnks
On the 4 class there's no real issue with rows 11 and 12 unlike the 3-class where these are right by the galley and WCs).

I wouldn't however choose the two middles. Rather, I'd go for two windows - 11A and 12 A. Talking between the two middle seats is not that easy, and conversation is going to be limited anyway. Two window seats will cut out a tiny bit of conversation, but you'll both have windows, and I find them better than being stuck in the middle.(bit more spacious, more interesting to see something out the window rather than just the bulkhead in front of you). If it was a day flight you'd want windows so you can control the shades as well (light can be an issue if you want to watch IFE for example).