FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:41 pm
philemer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by nathanmock
I just called into Chase and got some new information, albeit a bit contrary to what I believed or have read on their product page. The rep informed me that if I apply for the card and get approved, that means I will be eligible for the bonus. She also told me that the travel credit was based on calendar year (not anniversary year as listed on the product page) and that I would have to spend $300 in travel, and then the $300 would be reimbursed for purchases after that--something I have never heard before! Is there any truth to this or was the rep simply misinformed?
I would believe the data points here over what a CSR tells you. Part of what she said is true though: IF you are approved for the card you will get the bonus. Chase has been very consistent on that. If you don't mind a HP that leads to a rejection you may as well apply. Worst that can happen is they say NO and you've wasted a HP. Then wait til next Mar/Apr and apply again. Your call.