FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ELEMENT HOTELS, alleged new brand standard: old fashioned oatmeal replaced with insta
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:39 am
estedman

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BeantownDisneyFan
Word has it that the Epicurean Geniuses at ELEMENT HOTELS, in keeping with their alleged commitment to "healthy eating," have opted, as a new BRAND STANDARD, to replace old fashioned oatmeal (cooked each morning), with packets of instant oatmeal. I’d expect instant oatmeal at economy brand hotels, such as Econo Lodge, Motel Six, Days Inn, and the like, but, not at Element (by Westin).

I now wonder if the ELEMENT HOTEL'S alleged commitment to the environment, nature, and "healthy eating" is genuine, or rhetoric and marketing hype.

SEE: https://element-hotels.marriott.com/experience/

FYI, because instant oatmeal has been PROCESSED to cook more quickly, it is also broken down and digested more quickly by your body, giving it a higher glycemic index.

ELEMENTS HOTELS were once one of my favorite Starwood brands.​​​​​​

If other Marriott Hotel brands, like full service Marriott and Sheraton hotels, similarly switch to instant oatmeal, in their lounges, or Residence Inn switches to instant oatmeal, I'll take that to mean that Marriott is striving for new lows.
Most mornings I eat breakfast around 8am and in most cases the prepared oatmeal has not been properly cared for; so by 8am it is more like wallpaper spackle and not actually edible oatmeal. In those cases I would take the packets of instant over spackle.