FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me plan next weekend's MR?
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:03 am
navi_jen

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Help me plan next weekend's MR?

Hi all....

I have a MR to SIN booked for next weekend, and due to family commitments, I have not even started planning for my MR. I arrive in SIN on Sat around 6am, then depart Monday at 11pm. Solo female traveler who has lived in 3rd world countries.

Things I like:
1. Art
2. Architecture and History (I loved the Churchill museum in London, and Chang Mai's Silver Wat, Wat Srisuphan, for example)
3. Good Food (stall or otherwise, as long as it's really good and not dangerous to my digestive system...I had Shisto during my Peace Corps days, and don't care to repeat that experience. I am a regular at Boston, NYC and SFO Chinatowns, so I have pretty high standards).
4. Nature
5. Shopping for items that are indigenous to the culture (for example, I brought back some lovely hand painted ceramics from Thailand, including a tea set)
6. Non touristy areas (I hated Khao San Road in Bangkok, for example)
7. Massage!
8. Nice hotels (a good mix between Western standards and local flavor)

Things I don't like:
1. Seafood of any sort
2. Languages other than French or English (sorry, not that MultiCulti!)
3. Getting super sweaty (fat chance that is not going to happen in SIN in December, I know).

I've been reading up on the threads here, but any specific recommendations, including hotels (I'm SPG, and probably have enough Hilton points to put together a couple of nights at a good Hilton) would be appreciated. A walking or pedicab type tour with a local guide would be great...particularly for history.

Thanks