FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another year of disappointing Platinum status
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:12 am
DLrunner

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, UA Premier Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Yes. I'm one of those 1K passengers, sorry. I fly when work asks (mid-week, non-mid week, weekend) and I apply my RPUs to flights out of IAD. Even then I sometimes clear and sometimes don't. It's a hit or a miss even for me on an instrument. And if you're ever curious about how many 1Ks are on a flight, can't you just watch pre-boarding? For my flight today, it was around 20 people all boarding when pre-boarding was called. Add another 3 for GS and yes, that sounds about right that you're 25 down in the list being Platinum.

Being Silver Spring based, why don't you fly out of BWI? Your upgrade percentages BWI-LAX/SFO will be much better. I even got them as a Gold my first year with UA before I hit 1K status.
Not as many direct flights to SFO from BWI and they are all 737s, so fewer First Class seats. I really do not see that many people pre-boarding, which increases my frustration.

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Yes. I'm one of those 1K passengers, sorry. I fly when work asks (mid-week, non-mid week, weekend) and I apply my RPUs to flights out of IAD. Even then I sometimes clear and sometimes don't. It's a hit or a miss even for me on an instrument. And if you're ever curious about how many 1Ks are on a flight, can't you just watch pre-boarding? For my flight today, it was around 20 people all boarding when pre-boarding was called. Add another 3 for GS and yes, that sounds about right that you're 25 down in the list being Platinum.

Being Silver Spring based, why don't you fly out of BWI? Your upgrade percentages BWI-LAX/SFO will be much better. I even got them as a Gold my first year with UA before I hit 1K status.
Actually I am 75 down the list.... 50 people who are in Business class and then 25 people ahead of me in the upgrade list who do not make it. Being 76th on the totem pole on a mid-week flight as a platinum just feels wrong.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 30, 2018 at 11:43 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member