FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Significant updates to the M&S programme starting 1 June, good or bad?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:12 am
Sciamano

Originally Posted by G_G
Yes, Elite Plus members are allowed 10 000 miles overdraft
Originally Posted by LH4116
Overdraft also works for Elite. 10K is the limit, though there are no rules/conditions written on how and when to pay back the miles.
Originally Posted by raunow
Just made a (telephone) booking as Elite. Was allowed up 10K overdraft but no more. CSR tried a 10,7K overdraft but couldn't get it, so I bought 1000 points.

P.S. Booking was an Economy->Business upgrade MUM-IST (7 hours longhaul flight) for only 15K points :-). I'm gonna miss the old reward prices ...
Originally Posted by dabee69
I just booked one more Africa business award. I was allowed to overdraft almost 15k online. Had to buy couple of thousand miles, strictly no more than -15k. It is fantastic deal where one can overdraft more than half of the full award price. Taxes are really high though, more than 300 EUR this time.

I am E+ requalified on the first year of qualification with more than needed in two.
Any of you managed to issue a *A award ticket through call center obtaining a overdraft of miles? (I'm Elite and the reservation is just existing and valid and needs only to be paid).
And what if I book online another award ticket using the overdraft (I've checked and it works) and then I cancel it or try to change it via call center to the other reservation? Will I hold the overdrafted miles? (the 25$ fee is less than transferring/buying miles)