FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wow: travel and turmoil, one traveller's experiences LGW-KEF-BOS
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:26 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So far so good. I've checked in at the desk (it seems like years since I've had to do that) and the queue was fairly short, so it took about 10 minutes. It was quite well done, in that they had 2 document validation staff members working the queue with a tablet, so that was sorted out before getting to the desk itself, and there was no repeat of the usual security questions there. I appear to have been given an exit row window seat due to the full flight and all seems ok. They visually OK'd my bag, someone in front was pinged for a wheelie too large but she seems to have half expected it. It was the wheels that stopped it going in the gauge.

No Fast Track! No Lounge!. Well, Premium Gatwick is available by paying £5 but it would have saved no time at all, I was through in just a few minutes in line with Premium Gatwick's (usually excellent) performance. And I was admitted into No. 1 Lounge on my Priority Pass - family groups were being denied admittance behind me and I wasn't expecting access, this is peak time for the lounge and they often decline admission. It gets quieter from 10:30 onwards, however my WW811 departs at 10:35.

But no problems or evidence of problems so far.

I'll put up some photos later when I've got more time,