FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Worn-out and beat-up J seats on CX A350
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:24 pm
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
I flew the 350-900 HKG to BKK and the plane was a modern marvel. I think it goes on to SIN so maybe it was more lux and not regional for that reason but it was shiny as a new penny.
Same planes; SIN flights aren't any more "lux". The HKG-BKK-SIN flights have been operated by a mix of A350-900 and A350-1000 and CX doesn't operate a sub-fleet for regionals. They all go everywhere, near nad far.

About 2/3 of the A359s have well-documented Zodiac problems. Many of them still have broken mirrors in bathrooms, broken toilets, non-working armrests, peeling finishes, seats that get stuck, screen / controller problems, and other issues. It's virtually all hardware related and almost all due to Zodiac. I rode on B-LXC a few days ago (one of the A350-1000s), and the window shade in 12A was broken, which although small was concerning because I thought the problems would be completely solved before A350-1000 deliveries. Almost certain that your shiny new penny was just dumb luck of the draw. Fly on them just a few more times and you're bound to encounter an issue.