FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:53 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whereiswaldo
A quick question regarding status year counts. I recently crossed 50 nights to re-qualify for another year at Platinum. When does the additional status year get added (counted) - upon re-qualification or on 1 January?

One other question which I could not fully determine - if total Platinum status years include Marriott matched years (matched from SPG Platinum), do these properly count for LTPP qualification?

Thanks.
1. If you already had linked status, and you now have "truly earned" status, that additional status year won't be counted until January (not the 1st, just "early") AFAIK.

2. Linked/matched years are not supposed to count. Some people fear that they will be removed only in January, by which time it will be too late to take any further action.

Just to clarify, all that Marriott has said is "early 2019". They definitely never said January 1, I'm not sure if they even ever said January. It could be February or March for all we know and given the track record of the merger so far .