FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pro-active Online Upgrade (POUG) tracking and discussion | 2017/18 thread
Old Nov 29, 2018, 7:53 am
ggomtel

Programs: Iberia Platinum, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Previous advice here has been that you'd need to call BA to split the booking into two. The POUG offer will then probably disappear on both bookings. However, it may then reappear - and if it reappears for the person who wants to upgrade, then all should be well.

If it doesn't reappear, then the OP is probably not much worse off (and reliant on an AUP). If the OP's partner does not have status, then there is the risk that the statusless booking could have a seat pre-allocation cancelled if there's some reason for a sweep. But even if it were possible to take a POUG for only one person in a multi-passenger booking, the booking would have to be split at that point, with the consequent risk. There are of course also the other inevitable disadvantages of splitting a booking, such as removing the carry-across of baggage benefits etc. But much will depend on the OP's personal circumstances here.
you are right, I just called BA and that is my only option... but I don’t want to exclude my partner out of my booking...
so I’m going to think about that, since paying 550 pounds (both) for less than 7 hours in WT+ does not sound like a deal to me... but of course, I would retain OW emerald (IB Platinum) with that.... let see If I can get the tier points in a cheaper way....