FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:28 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by asimha
On November 28th flight LH759 out of Chennai to Frankfurt is delayed and eventually we land at 08:17 and arrive at the gate at 08:25. My connecting flight to Geneva (LH1214) is on schedule at 09:05. Fraport (paid by me) VIP service rushes me to gate B03 to catch the flight and calls ahead twice to ensure we can still make the flight. Eventually, after losing 15 min at the catastrophic security check, we arrive at gate B03 (bus service to the CRJ900 parked outside) and I am told it’s too late and that we have to exit the secure area to go to the Service Desk. They throw in a 10 EUR meal voucher (seriously??). Fine. Meanwhile no information received from LH until 08:57 when I receive a message on the LH app telling me I am rebooked on the 11:35 (LH1216) to Geneva. I now have to go to the A gates doing security again to go to gate A50.

Is this stress really necessary with a Senator status and a business class ticket and why does the Star Alliance Connection Service never actually « springs into action » ?

STAR ALLIANCE CONNECTION SERVICE

Proactive help for customers with tight connections
At selected Star Alliance hubs, customers are being helped every day when transferring from one Star Alliance member airline to another.
The Connection Service springs into action if an incoming flight is delayed. Connection Service staff monitor the transfer window for passengers with an onward flight and flag any cases where a customer and any checked bags appear at risk of missing the connection.
An alarm signals to warn them that you are on a tight schedule and that you require personal attention to ensure you and your bag make your connecting flight.

Hello asimha,

really sorry to hear that you were affected by a delay and missed your connecting flight.
I can understand your frustration. However, I want to advise you that security controlls and gate allocation is part of the airport and cannot be influenced by the airline.

If you want to send a formal complaint, please feel free to send it to Customer Relations: [email protected].

My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Sascha