FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:24 pm
Statman

Originally Posted by Happy
Good for you being able to use it in Bali.

Not in Hong Kong, not in Brisbane and Sydney for the month long trip we just came back.

Not useful in Sicily this Spring.

Last year it was not useful in Poland and the Batics. Not useful in Hong Kong. Cannot remember the situation in South Africa though I believe we stuck to CSR which good for both dining and lodging and Ink Plus for the gas.

If you want to play this game.

I was at Hong Kong for about 10 days in early September and did not have any issues using it in any restaurant or bar that I want to.

I was also in Greece including Athens, Santorini, Mykonos and Crete in mid October and everywhere I went to accepted the American Express card that I had.

I was also in Madrid, Sevilla, Córdoba and Alhambra recently and everywhere I went the card was accepted.

I was in Seoul, Jeju, and Busan in February and no place rejected the card.

I was in Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto at the beginning of the year and everywhere I went accepted Amex.

Like everything else on this forum, your mileage may vary. If you want to cancel the card when the renewal fee comes, then by all means do so but your anecdotal evidence (like mine) is purely anecdotal.

Last edited by Statman; Nov 29, 2018 at 9:53 am