FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit Card Insurance coverage
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:21 pm
joburghfx

Originally Posted by joburghfx
Thanks. Global excel, who manages the claims for Amex, recommended I file an appeal claim via email with this information. I'll try that now and see what happens.
Just wanted to come back here with an update on my situation. I had booked an aeroplan ticket for the first flight segment (ie. A-B), and then a second paid ticket to the final destination (ie. B-C). Interlined the bags when checking in at departure, so checked all the way to final destination (A-C). Had done this in the past and had a bag be delayed, and had received flight delay coverage from Amex with the regular Amex Gold card. Submitted a claim this time and was initially denied because the first segment was an Aeroplan ticket. Submitted an email appeal, and had the appeal granted within a few days and just received the cheque in the mail. Not sure if they made an exception for me, or if this is their standard interpretation of the insurance policy. But it would appear that if you pay for the second ticket in cash and check bags all the way through, and that airline is responsible for getting the bags to you, you may have coverage for baggage delay with Amex Gold or Amex Plat.