FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Phuket, Thailand
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:19 pm
coljung

Programs: Aeroplan
Hi all!

I have an upcoming trip to SE Asia, and the last part of our trip is a week in Thailand, I arrive to BKK on a Tuesday, and leave a week later. Our plan is to spend 2 days there, and then head south to spend 4-5 days at the beach.

I have a Marriott 5n Cat-5 certificate, so i'm ideally looking at cat-5 properties.

My initial thought was Koh Samui, but recently saw the prices of flights, and i dont remember them being that expensive, around $330 CAD x3.

I was looking then at Phuket, although not my ideal destination, but flights are much cheaper and there seems to be plenty of Marriott hotels to choose from.

Last year we also went to Ao nang beach, next to Railey, which we loved, but for 5 days it's a bit much.

One other place i considered was Phu Quoc, the JW there is cat-5 and looks rather nice. Problem is getting there. Prices are a bit cheaper than Koh Samui, but our dates dont work with the direct flights so we would have to fly through SGN thus requiring a Visa and also a longer flight.

So, im a bit out of ideas at the moment. Phuket seems like an ok choice, but i would to see what other options are there.

I would definitely consider a cat-6 as i have the points for that as well.

Btw, we are 2 adults and a 3yo.

Thanks!