FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:34 pm
Corridor!

Originally Posted by slusser08
This may seem like a dumb question but its our first time to Bora Bora and after viewing the wiki summary my plan once we arrive in BOB was to take the free airport shuttle to Vaitape then a taxi to Le Moana then the IC shuttle to Thalasso.

As stated above:
Boat transfer from the Airport is not mandatory despite what any hotel emails might imply to the contrary. It's possible to take the free Air Tahiti shuttle to Vaitape (15 minutes), followed by a taxi to the IC Le Moana for 2000XPF (15 minutes), then the IC's shuttle between Le Moana and Thalasso for 2712 XPF per person (updated Apr 2018) (15 minutes). If all transfers go smoothly, the journey could be as short as an hour, or longer than two hours if you're unlucky.

My question is, is this taxi a water taxi or an actual vehicle taxi? I was wanting to hit up one of the local groceries before making our way to Thalasso. Is that possible before heading to Le Moana? Also if we get to Le Moana before a certain time I have seen other places that say the IC shuttle is free is this true or is that just old information?

Also does anyone have any recommendation on activities they would recommend that do not necessarily break the bank?
Boat to Vaitape. (Free) Car taxi to the Moana. ($20) Water transfer to the Thalasso. ($27pp) What time does your plane arrive into Bora Bora?

This is the route we always go upon arrival. This is so we can go to the grocery store. We normally wait at the Moana for about 1.25 hours but we are always on the first plane to Bora Bora. Which means we take the 11:45am shuttle to the Thalasso.

No boat transfer is free for departure or arrival.