FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]
Old Nov 28, 2018, 6:59 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by bosman

This I find a bit confusing. At your LT nights/points you are/will be LTPP (or LTT in the new metalurgical system). That should provide complimentary upgrades as available at check in. The other form of upgrades are the SNAs. You are correct that you need to "earn" those annually, however, you can earn 5 at 50 nights and an additional amount at 75 nights.

Net, I would expect a LTPP to see significant upgrades, not just through SNAs.
I think the uber-Plats will step ahead of the LTPs & LTPPs, and maybe they should since they are current revenue and us LTs are past revenue. Don't get me wrong, I like the upgrades just as much as everyone else, but when it comes to deciding which of the two deserve it more, I feel current revenue means more.

I too have 1,234 LT nights after the combination and don't feel it's anywhere near what I guess the true road warriors have accumulated. But I am expecting LTPP come January!