FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't get previous stay receipt online?? Seriously?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:33 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HornsKeith
So I stayed at the Schipol airport Sheraton earlier in November. I dropped my card in the Express checkout box, which at least some times in the past resulted in a receipt being in my email inbox. This time, nothing. So thus begins the drama:
  1. I log into my Marriott/SPG account and check my history to hope for a receipt download. No luck
  2. I find an old email for the Schipol airport Sheraton, but it immedately gets bounced because the Sheraton.com stuff isn't active anymore
  3. I look for 'Contact us' info, perhaps an email, on the Schipol Sheraton, but nothing doing.
  4. I call the customer service number, wait on hold, eventually get someone who takes my Marriott number and promises a receipt via email within 48 ours
  5. As you can guess, it's now been about a week, and still nothing
How crazy is this? I can't file my work expenses because I'm missing this one receipt, and I've already put in 10x the amount of work that should be necessary in this day and age to get a simple receipt for a one night stay at a Sheraton. This might be the argument I need to avoid Sheraton's altogether. There's just no excuse for this level of difficulty....

Am I missing an easier way to go about this?

Keith
Call the hotel on the phone (during their business hours), and get someone to pull up the folios and email them to you while you're on the phone. Ie, at this point it's obvious this needs an interactive solution, not a leave a message kind of solution.

(Don't call Marriott/SPG. They're swamped, and they'd have to contact the hotel anyway. So call the hotel yourself. Unless you call the hotel when they're temporarily busy, the hotel itself is not likely to be swamped with merger mess the way Marriott/SPG central is.)

I was able to solve a similar issue (missing folio at another Sheraton, but in this case a missing stay too tied to the missing folio) by asking for the folio printout in person when returning to the same hotel. The closest equivalent I see if you're not returning to the same hotel is to call them up and ask them to do the equivalent while you're on the phone, except obviously emailing rather than printing.

Btw, in case you don't want to spend money on the call, you can call worldwide for free using Google Hangouts (similar to Skype but Skype costs, Google Hangouts doesn't cost).

Meanwhile, you don't necessarily need to avoid Sheratons, but you need to allow time to stop by the desk and get a physical folio printout on any Sheraton stay. If you can't make allow for that amount of time to do checkout, then you should avoid all brands in the Marriott/SPG/Rtiz family for quite a while, I would say (because this missing folio stuff isn't unique to Sheraton, and it'll be a while before the straighten out their IT to where folios will hopefully be more reliably available online after a stay). If you happen to get a folio under your door or in your email before you check out (and you aren't adding any charges after that), then you can do the key drop, but if you don't have the folio yet by the time you're checking out, I would definitely demand a folio printout at this point if you need the folio for reimbursements or any other reason.

Last edited by sdsearch; Nov 28, 2018 at 2:39 pm