FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some days in Andalucia
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2018, 2:18 pm
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
Marbella: Dani Garcia

We decided sponteneous the day before to eat dinner at Dani Garcia and got a table without problems.Itīs was the only 2 Michelin star restaurant at Costa del Sol and on the paper its best restaurant. I just saw today that it now got 3 stars in the new guide so Iīm especially happy I tried it (3 star restaurants are normally must visit places).
The restaurant is not easy to find. When we arrived it wasnīt clear were to find it, itīs in the courtyard of the Hotel Puente Romano.
The restaurant is "cool" with a green wall.

We decided to eat a la carte as we didnīt like the fixed menu.
First Amuse Buche:

Our non-alcoholic cocktails:

Second Amuse Bouche:

Bread weagon and 3 kinds of butter:

First regular course was for me "Red prawn carpaccio with truffle honey"

I absolutely liked the carpaccio. Very Fresh.
Starters were "Seasonal vegetable garden, butternut aquash & orange puree"

and "Lobster salad, leaves, vegetables, herbs, nitro-popcorn & RAF tomato"

While the vegetable garden was a very good dish the lobster salad was spectacular.
Main courses were "Roasted sea bass, gourd seed Juice, White prawns, paramentier potatoes and papayo cheese"

and this dish which is no longer on the menu and I canīt properly remember:

I can remember that both dishes were of high quality and really enjoyable.
One dessert were "textures of almond". They did a big deal of it as they "produced" the plates on the dish at the table.

It wasnīt my taste as they used some alcohol for it.
I had "Al-Andalus dew, orange blossom and pistachio"

An absolutely great dessert, one of the best I can remember.
Petit fours

A very enjoyable meal! Itīs always hard to see the difference between a good 2 star and a 3 star but some dishes were definitively "world class", the rest very good. I can imagine in the future it will be hard to get a table the day before. By the way they raised ther prices after they got the 3rd star.