FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An Engagement to Remember: BOS to ZQN (with a few stops along the way)
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:53 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Qatar Airways Business Class: Stockholm - Doha

Qatar Airways
Business Class (J)
Discounted Business Class Fare
QR170: ARN-DOH (Stockholm to Doha)
17 November 2018
Boeing 787-8 (Two Class Configuration)
A7-BCN
Seat 2A

Departure: 07:55AM
Arrival: 04:00PM

We were up quite early to catch this flight, as we had to check a bag and have breakfast. We ate at the hotel buffet, which was quite good. After a quick walk to T5, we were checked-in to AKL and through security in no time.

We'd intended to make a quick stop at the lounge, but I neglected to notice that it's located in the pre-immigration area. I only realize my error after we'd gone through immigration. Since we arrived in the gate area only 20 minutes prior to boarding, it wasn't an issue. A short wait and we were on the plane.

A7-BCN

Seat 2A

Menu

Sunrise Over ARN

Clarion Hotel
Our previous night's accommodation

Post-Takeoff Espresso

Meal Service

This time I ordered the Arabic breakfast, which was quite tasty. Way more feta than I'd want (or eat), but foul medames and veggies is a nice change of pace.

Arabic Breakfast

I got the burgers as a snack and that was definitely a miss. The chicken burger was ok, but the lamb burger was not. Admittedly, I don't care for lamb in the first place. But I'd last had lamb over 10 years ago, so I figured maybe my tastes had changed. Unfortunately, not. I still don't like lamb. I didn't dare try that pink salad thingy because it looked scary.

Mid-Flight Snack

Overall, another good flight with QR. Service was great, as always. And food was pretty good too, for the most part. We landed in Doha on time and we proceeded to the transfers desk to retrieve our hotel vouchers for the 10 hour stop.