FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Punta De Mita, Mexico [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:02 pm
Johnny Rocket

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Just got back from this resort. We had a great time. The resort is beautiful and of course, the weather was perfect.

There a couple of things to bare in mind, however. On the weekend we visited, there was a 10 hour Riviera Sunsets “rave” on the property all-day on the Sunday. As the name suggests, this involved extremely loud music for hours on end. The music grew louder as it got later and we could ever hear it in our room some distance away.

On the Saturday, also, there was a DJ playing extremely loud music around the pool. It was clubby in its style, but yet there appeared to be hardly anyone in the pool enjoying the beats! Why bother with this ridiculous music? Or at least play something that everyone likes... more poppy or classic tunes?

On the Monday, everything was calm again and there was just ambient music playing in the background. The difference was astonishing and made the whole place feel a lot more special.

I realise that W appeals to a youthful and party-goer type of guest, but I also believe we should have been told before staying at the property, not so much about the Saturday event as this happens weekly, but certainly about the rave to which it was mainly out-of-hotel guests who were in attendance.

We were not the only people to complain. I heard dozens of guests with families moan about the loud music to which they were subjected to. Many received big discounts from their bill while others received goodwill points.

Of course, 20,000 points sounds like a lot.... but remember, it's still just 6,666 SPG!