FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:14 am
Squeaks35

Programs: Miles & More, BA, Flying Blue
Very confusing price structure

Hi, I am new comer to FT and very excited to discover this site. Hope somebody can help me.

Last month I booked 2 x Adult premium economy return tickets for LHR - Tokyo HND via MUC using LH website. MUC - HND is operated by ANA.
The flights are for Autumn 2019 and I paid £3,613 in total.

I discovered today that the exact same flights on the same dates will cost around £2,843 in total if booked LHR - MUC (Y class), and MUC - HND (E Class) separately from LH web site. Whopping £770 cheaper!

I am tempted to cancel my original booking even thought it will incur hefty charges and rebook separately. I think I still save some money this way.

Could you explain what is the logic behind this price difference? I am talking about the exact same flights on the same dates.
I don't understand why I am paying £770 more.

Could you also clarify if I book LHR - MUC and MUC - HND separately, do I need to pick up the luggages at MUC and check them in again for the MUC-
HDN flight? This means that I need to arrive at MUC 2 hours prior to the next flight?

Any suggestions, explanation will be greatly appreciated. Thanks