FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA refuses boarding back to UK despite OK from Immigration Authorities
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:09 am
simons1

Originally Posted by Andriyko
I am lost as to what you are trying to say.
In posts 159 and 160 it was stated there is a list of countries that do not accept expired ID cards (and therefore BA/Hungary immigration were at fault)
In post 162 I said this was incorrect, there is no such list (and that BA/Hungary immigration acted properly)
In post 177 you corrected me and said there was a list. I therefore asked you to direct us to it.

At that stage (post 181) you then dissembled and said you would not do my homework - well there is no homework to be done to prove that a list which does not exist does not exist. You also quoted back to me some text that I was aware of as I had already posted it many pages before.

So my point remains - there is no list of countries which do not accept expired EU IDs.

Originally Posted by Andriyko
For the purpose of our discussion we may safely assume that if an expired ID is not on the list of the accepted documents that means that it is not accepted. Does not that make sense?
No, because the OP was admitted to Hungary by Hungarian immigration carrying only his expired EU ID. As he was allowed to do under EC directives he was able to back this up with other evidence ie an emailed copy of a passport held elsewhere.

Still the OP is now back, it appears he was allowed to board again using his expired ID. In which case had he just gone through the immigration the first time when the authorities agreed he could exit then the probability is it would not have been picked up until the UK Border who would almost certainly have allowed him entry.

For the sake of clarity I am not making a point about BA or Hungarian immigration so I think we can agree there is no need for us to 'spin' that bit. I am a touch surprised that BA allowed travel each way with sight of an expired document however it is of no relevance as they are not the final authority on immigration matters.