FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Major QRPC Changes - effective 27 May 2018
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:06 pm
azurbuddy

This program sucks beyond belief since the 'enhancements'. And the Qmiles team are bloody idiots. Had to change a reward ticket. Impossible to do it online of course. Had to email. No response. I called and 'sorry we cannot do this anymore but you can do it online'. Then got email response after about a week explaining that date change would cost $25. So I responded OK. Nothing happened. Emailed again. After about 5 days got a response that change of date would cost $25 but if within 3 days before departure it would cost $100 and after departure miles would be forfeited.
You can guess what happened next. Few more emails explaining me the same WITHOUT rescheduling the flight or solving the problem. Departure date arrived, the flight was not rescheduled and miles have disappeared. From the names under the email it seems they employ a bunch of Indians there. And they clearly have no capability to look at the total case. It is each for his own as if it is the very first time they see your email. I am having one more flight with them, and sell the miles although I suspect they are pretty useless after the 'enhancements'. Never seen such an unmanaged bunch of people handling the 'loyalty program of a 5 star airline'. If that bunch worked for me I had them fired long time ago. Bloody idiots.

If anyone has a suggestion for a good OW program do let me know. I don't care about status as I fly BC/FC anyway. I just need a program with a good earn/burn ratio and low surcharges. I am flying mostly longhaul on no particular airline.