FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:12 pm
tomvancouver

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by percysmith
Not that useful.
I was given a subscription to Experian after CX's own incident https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...stolen-cx.html
I put my BA credit card numbers in it, along with some others.
Two of my credit cards have since been compromised (one used for BA), I was alerted by banks.
But Experian still states "Good news! We ran a comprehensive search and found no matches to your monitored personal information. We will continue to monitor your personal information and notify you if new activity is detected."
In North America there are two main credit agencies - TransUnion and Equifax. I don't particularly like either of their business models, which seem to offer expensive services of little utility (to me), especially as its my data that essentially funds them!

I can already view my credit report through one of my credit card websites (and can see any credit inquiries made etc). But that is retroactive. I have found that TransUnion offer a $5 six-year "Potential Fraud Warning" that can be added to my credit file. This means that I would have to be personally contacted in order for anything to be approved. I've signed up for that as probably the best overall solution. Unless any of you guys have a better solution?

I really liked this idea - but I don't believe it will work outide the UK.