FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 D1 Suite PS + Comfort+ retrofit consolidated thread
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:09 pm
RaflW

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Why not?? The retrofit would be very easy, they could probably do a plane in a single day. And that exact same article says that the average PS fare is more than double the coach fare. That's just free money!
I can't imagine it'd be a day to add P.S. Re-spacing the PSUs (including the O2 masks and gaspers), installing different bulkheads between J and PS, plus probably adding a bulkhead between PS and Y+ (or Y?), as well as aisle offsets from J to PS to Y.

There are also multiple subfleets of 763s. There's the high J (and high J with crew rest access), the low J, the ex-Gulf Air with the L2/R2 doors, etc. It's a complex matrix, and DL has indicated that the reason for the 35 new A330s is for fleet replacement of 763s -- though if loads and revenue are good, I'm sure some added international capacity is in some scenario planning. The 763s are of varying ages, so I'm sure a staggered retirement is planned. Is it worth adding PS to a plane that'll be parked in 1 to 4 or 5 years? I'm not one of their bean counters, so I can't speculate.

Oh, but, like Delta is doing with flights to KEF on the 757, they could use the 76P with domestic F seats and just rebrand it P.S. That takes just minutes to provision with P.S. headsets and menu cards.

Last edited by RaflW; Nov 27, 2018 at 9:19 pm