FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring Bonvoy Points to Airline Program Miles [Discussion & Transfer Times]
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:34 pm
onepoint

Delta Airlines (DA?) Initiated: Sunday 25 Nov 2018 Received: Tuesday 27 Nov 2018

Preferred to use Miles to pay for flights on short notice - decided to transfer 60k MR points to Delta and initiated the transfer on Sunday afternoon, without having researched the potential transfer delay. MR points were immediately debited (including the +/- 15k) and the 25k miles showed up in my Delta account this evening (I had checked sporadically throughout the day).

Platinum Premier w Ambassador, in case that's being tracked. I emailed my ambassador this afternoon asking if she could provide any insight as to the transfer timeline; the relevant portion of her response:

Our terms and conditions, post August 18th, read that the transfer can take up to six weeks (Sec 3.11.c). This was written this way because of issues that arose with the transfer of airline points at that time. Transfers to Delta Airlines used to take up to five days. I cannot say definitively, but I would hope that they will transfer in one to two weeks.

edit: unable to edit the wiki as I don't have 90 posts here, if someone could please add I'd appreciate it

Last edited by onepoint; Nov 28, 2018 at 10:32 am