FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:00 pm
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Fc912

We can agree to disagree, and it’s clear that we have different standards when it comes to hotels. If I were staying at a Four Points of course I would not note this. But a Luxury Collection Hotel should easily be able to get this right. A luxury hotel thinks of what a guest might want and need, even if it is minor and doesn’t enhance a stay dramatically. When you turn down a room, you prepare the room in a way that enables the guest to go to sleep easily. I don’t expect my guest to wake up in the middle of the night and walk to the table to grab water.
No, we don't have different standards when it comes to hotels. We just have different habits, and neither is wrong or right.

I wouldn't want water anywhere near the nightstand. I put my computer, phone, etc. here and wouldn't put food or water there to protect them.

I would consume food or water at the dining area/table, which is named to eat/drink. I also don't know many people who drink water in their sleep. Much more likely is drinking water during awake hours, which again would happen in the dining area - not in the sleeping area.