FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - News: Ansett frequent flyers threaten legal action (inc. mini rant by me)
Old Feb 19, 2002, 6:00 pm
RichardMEL

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
News: Ansett frequent flyers threaten legal action (inc. mini rant by me)

Comments:

1. Don't sue the administrators you morons, it's Tesna's business decision!
2. Would you trust anyone using a hotmail address for this? For crying out loud!
3. These people should concentrate on lobbying Tesna to fix their brain dead "new" scheme! Suggest something like having "old program points" and "new points" (UA did this) and say "you can use old points to redeem AN domestic rewards ONLY" and even allocate them a different booking pool. At least people would get a _chance_ to use the value of thousands and thousands of points accrued. Not too hard to implement either I would think. It seems the Tesna weenies drawing up this program lack brains, or they are lazy as it really is just GR with gloss and tightening the screws.
IMHO.
---

Posted: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 6:49 AEDT

Ansett frequent flyers threaten legal action
Disgruntled former Ansett frequent flyer club members say they have no choice but to mount a class action against the airline's administrators.

It follows the release yesterday of Tesna's customer loyalty program, which dashes any hope that points from the old Ansett program can be transferred to the new scheme.

The Global Rewards Action Group says the new frequent flyer program ignores the points already held by 2.7 million members.

Group spokesperson Jon Caneva says they will now appeal to the Federal Court in order to mount a class action against the administrators.

Mr Caneva has urged all Australians who hold Global Rewards Points to register their support for the action group via email.

The group's address is: [email protected]