FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CSP & CSR Trip Cancellation/Delay Insurance Issues/Comments (2016 - 2019)
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:52 am
goodtasting

Originally Posted by threeoh
Yes, assuming you otherwise qualify i.e. round trip, purchased with card, etc. The coverage says $500 "per ticket" but I'm pretty sure they are going to interpret this as one incident and cap it at $500, even if you're missing multiple tickets.

Yes, though you must cancel them as soon as you know you can't make them. Don't just no-show.

Is this trike affecting public transportation, or is it limited to airline workers? I don't know if they consider airplanes public transportation, and it's not defined. I read that sentence to mean "if the bus and subway is shut down because of a strike, so the airline cancels the flight". But I could be wrong. I don't know of any upthread experiences either way.

You probably noticed that labor strikes are listed as a covered hazard for Trip Delay.

Trip Interruption/Cancellation (unlike Trip Delay) covers Domestic Partners. Here's the definition of Domestic Partner:
Thanks for the detailed reply, threeoh!

Yes, I read it as 500USD per ticket, as well.

Thanks for the advice on canceling ASAP. I've canceled my accommodations I know I won't be able to use, but I'll wait on canceling my next connecting flight just in case something else opens up allowing me to get there.

Yeah, I saw “public transportation” and although the general usage is referring to things like buses, metro, subway, I'm not sure whether airlines would be considered. No hurt in trying for the claim, I suppose!

Yes, luckily strikes are covered quite clearly under Trip Delay.

Thanks for pulling up the definition of Domestic Partner. Looks like we won't qualify for that, so we'll need to claim for my SO's portion under her sepaarate travel insurance.

Once I get through this, I'll post a detailed update on the claim process and outcome.