FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CE curtains and Customer Relations reply
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:23 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Maybe she was thinking to herself "People who don't want to be disturbed by passing crew, clanking crockery, BOB trolleys, dispatchers and waiting-for-bog loiterers really shouldn't put themselves in 1C."
You are a very naughty and cheeky boy! I'm actually surprised at her attitude, but may, for once, be right! Whichever way, you made me laugh out loud and now my husband is asking when he can expect his lunch (file under Y for You can expect all you like, Lover!)

Now, as a rather unyoung ( I hate old true that it may be) poster I have read all sorts of complaints here on FT. I have read all sorts of stories here on FT, and some are true and some are fiction. In Cyberspace who can tell. In this instance, I have no problem with credibility and frankly he is right. He (I'm assuming that he is a He and I apologise unreservedly if I got that wrong) and his case is sound. Indeed, I am surprised that the crew were not more proactive at getting this stopped, Whatever happens on AA is of no relevance here. CE is marketed as a Premium cabin and should be maintained as such. Those curtains are there for a reason - it is to create a separate cabin where different service take place (I suppose that you could describe the local knocking shop in such terms - and you certainly don't leave the curtains open there! ) It is meant to convey privacy. Seat 1C - from LGW can have no bulkhead and if there are people queuing for the lax, Privacy is far from achieved. Sorry, but all ET passengers should be sent to the back and wait there. What you cannot tell is how many passengers in the queue are from CE. I know that at one stage - and I cannot remember if it was the old BMI aircraft or not - had no curtains at one stage and the crew hated it. When there were no curtains allowed in the USA after the tragedy of 9/11 - the crews felt uncomfortable delivering meals to passengers in full view of Y who got (get) nothing.

I have read observations or comments for the last 20 years or so and this is as valid and any and more aposite than many IMO.