FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CE curtains and Customer Relations reply
View Single Post
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:22 am
Sealink

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load

But I cannot see any confused messages here.

The OP has told us that she / he wrote to Customer Relations - on a single occasion - to point out that on two recent sectors the curtain had not been closed during the flight ; and also requested clarification as to the relevant policy.

He then received a rather unprofessional reply. A reply which was factually inaccurate (quite possibly because it had been lazily cut & pasted from a response used at some previous point when responding to another customer) and served only to raise further questions.

CR, on the one hand, made a point of acknowledging the benefits provided by the curtain in creating some measure of distinction between the two cabins ; and yet in the very same sentence then added that it was not policy for CC to actually use it. One could therefore be forgiven for wondering what exactly is the purpose of the curtain.

The OP did not make a complaint to BA, but provided customer feedback whilst seeking clarification on a specific aspect of inflight operational policy.

Against this background, I find it somewhat bizarre to note the degree of critical focus and near-ridicule shown in several posts towards the OP, seemingly for having the temerity to attempt to address an issue of (in his / her eyes) legitimate concern ; and all in a far more coherent, rational manner than the wholly irrational, inaccurate, and essentially useless response offered by BA.

You're right of course. I totally misread the fact that CR had referred to a phantom previous complaint.