FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier Rewards Gold refresh: 4x USA dining, groceries, $10/mon dining credit. $250.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:28 pm
lax01

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
If you've been following the thread (and I know you have) you know that AMEX specifically stated that Square merchants may not code as 4x. You also know that it's primarily because those merchants haven't correctly coded their merchant accounts.

As far as the Chase Sapphire product (and I presume you mean the CSR), I dumped my CSR as soon as the CIP became available. The CIP - by itself - yielded far more UR points in the first year I had it than the CSR would have. The CIP + AMEX Gold will exceed my points earnings by an even greater margin.

I can understand your frustration if you patronize a lot of Square merchants but it was spelled out pretty clearly in the T&C's of the refreshed Gold card.
Yeah, I was comparing CSR (which I have also ditched - along with the CIP at this point)....I guess it is just a frustrating user experience to have to double-check and then open an investigation every time it doesn't code as 4x correctly. They say 4x on restaurants...it shouldn't be caveated to hell because merchants don't keep consistent codes. AMEX should be allow more broad filter on the Restaurants codes.