FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:48 pm
edgewood49

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by steve64
TL;DR I agree that the reason the room was undesirable is out of Hyatt's control. Knowingly assigning me an undesirable room is my complaint.

Personally, I'm not blaming Hyatt. It's one reason I accepted my room and "apology" from the VIP Manager at check-in.
Afterwards, I learned that "the Marriott" was actually the Sheraton across the street, and that this strike wasn't something that started after I had been allocated a room in a full hotel (the strike had been going on for 35+ days), This is where I became disappointed. For whatever reason, I was knowingly assigned an undesirable room.

And purely my personal impression based on circumstantial evidence only, I honestly don't think the hotel was that full. I can not believe they couldn't find a better 3 night room block than the one I was assigned.
I've been a semi regular visitor to this hotel for 10 years and the property just didn't "feel full". The lobby areas didn't seem as busy, the elevators lines were not there (but the waits still were), the Club wasn't overcrowded, etc. All of Waikiki felt the same way. I only took this trip because I found a decent last minute airfare.
I use to be a regular even to the point we had a corporate rate plan with the hotel even then many times the room selection sucked. For several years we would burn 120 room nights a year and do you think we got anything special NOPE