FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Cyber Monday Deal - 15% off
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by Norcanair
I've been tracking several itineraries for YXE-DUB in the non-blackout period. Near as I can tell, they ALL went up.
With all due respect, YXE isn't the most competitive market for airfares, particularly to Europe. YYZ, YUL and to some extent YYC and YVR have international competition by way of BA, EI, LH, AF, etc. AC doesn't codeshare with m(any) non-*A partners and WS only partners with a small handful which means from a fare construction standpoint if you're flying out of YXE you'll have a tough time finding a good itinerary at a good price. Hence, I suspect if you're looking for a good deal you'll want to position yourself for the deal (i.e. be in YYZ).

It sucks but I've been in this situation a few times (i.e. taking the train up to YOW from YXU just to get a dirt cheap United fare to HKG). Most recently I managed to snag a $515 CAD flight from London,UK to LA then New York to London,UK (also on United). I had to use my Aeroplan points and an Air Canada flight pass I bought for this purpose to take advantage of the fare and make it work out for me (it also allowed me to visit my parents near YXU and my sister in YSJ). If you are flexible with when and where you are taking off, great air fares can be had. In fact, I'm starting to see $400 CAD return flights on United to North America now from Europe.

Safe Travels,

James