FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How early to arrive at CDG for seasoned traveler? Air France economy
Old Nov 26, 2018, 12:33 pm
DCJoe1

Originally Posted by olivedel
I would say that regarding the high season when the OP is planning to travel, I would definitely pay to be seated together, if that's a strong requirement.
But as a "seasoned" traveler, maybe the OP has some kind of status that would allow advance seat selection?
Sadly, no status. Just used the word seasoned to mean that I know my way around airports, cities, transit, etc very well. Not the type to get lost and spend 30 minutes going the wrong direction, etc, and also not the type who normally gives myself hours of cushion going through airports I know well. But I don't know CDG quite as well, in particular the check-in and security procedures at 2E.

I had to split the reservations into 2 separate reservations for annoying reasons- each reservation is 1 parent, 1 child. AF says they will assign seats together 2 days in advance for reservations with children in them, so I figure we should be okay, even if we have to sit 2 by 2 a few rows apart. What I don't want is to spend $95 on seats and then decide later to switch to the earlier flight (paying award change fee) and lose that money.

Thanks all, I think we will get there around 1:30-1:45 PM for the 4:20 PM flight and not check bags unless that line looks short.