FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]
Old Nov 26, 2018, 11:14 am
bhrubin
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
@Ksw299 I’m so sorry your stay wasn’t to your liking.

(1) If you’d notified the hotel in advance about your wife’s vegetarian restrictions, then there is no reason the hotel shouldn’t have been prepared for your tea. Even on the spot, I’d have expected better handling. I would expect the hotel to both comp your tea and offer a future comp’d tea for you and your wife—if you were willing to give them a second chance. The surly waiter should be disciplined appropriately. We had a surly front desk attendant on check out who was most unhelpful, though the concierge team took care of us with sincere apologies; we were sure to identify that attendant for management. If you haven’t already contacted a hotel manager about this fail, I might encourage you strongly to consider doing so.

(2) I’m surprised your wife couldn’t find options for breakfast. Their regular breakfast menu does offer a host of options available for any vegetarian: bread and pastry basket, fresh fruit and berries, grapefruit brûlée, Bircher mueslix, yogurt, granola parfait, steel cut oatmeal, cream of wheat, etc. I am uncertain what other breakfast options would be considered appropriate for a vegetarian who doesn’t eat eggs?

(3) I’m sorry you didn’t call for butler service or that your butler didn’t introduce himself or herself to you. Your privacy sign may have had more to do with that than you imagine. If you ever give the hotel another chance, calling for butler service is most appropriate, especially if they cannot contact you due to a privacy request. We call and ask for butler unpacking and packing. We call and ask for butler morning coffee service. We call and ask for butler shoe shining and pressing. We often call and let them know they can knock or ring a doorbell even with the privacy sign up—since that is directed more for housekeeping and other departments.

(4) I am most surprised you found the room decor dated and/or tired, actually. Especially in a suite.

It’s unfortunate that your short stay wouldn’t allow much more service interaction. So you’re left with the shortcomings you experienced. I hope you can find a hotel more to your liking in NYC.