FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 45 CP short of DM - ex-SIN CP run ideas?
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:43 am
Psychiatrist

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Hi all,

Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful advice - very kind of you!

A couple of comments:

1. My current CP tally stands at 1,145 and will be 1,155 CLP after the LGA-MSP flight. The earlier figure was a typo, sorry about that!
2. I will be in the US starting on 20 Dec, so unfortunately will not be able to take advantage of the - indeed very attractive - QF offer.

Psychiatrist, I have also read about this having happened to a few DMs of late. However, it is a risky strategy to take nonetheless. Were you / they renewed before the end of their membership years, or only after? I would hate to miss out by only a few CP...
Oh, if you're at 1155 then you're (90%) guaranteed to get renewed without doing anything. I would even say that you've "wasted" 100 CP which could be credited to your next membership year. I've never renewed DM with anything more than 10xx CP - same with my DM friends.

They won't renew you early though - you need to wait until after the membership year expires. In all of the cases the DM was renewed automatically without needing to call.

If that fails (which is very unlikely), you will drop down to Gold. If that happens, you can call MPC and ask for a 2 or 3 month extension, so that you can make up the 45 CP - and after you finish those flights, you call MPC and get them to reinstate your DM.