FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Risky Air China LifeMiles Award
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:41 pm
joer1212

Originally Posted by demue
Ahh my bad, confused the two handles. I guess my comment was for @IAH2MEL then.

TravelSky is the reservation system Air China uses and it will not accept a PNR reference from an airline using Altea reservation system like Avianca. Your advise is correct that via CheckMyTrip (it is basically a "front end skin" for travelers to pull up Amadeus Altea PNRs) when retrieving the booking in question from LM that somewhere in that PNR should be the Air China booking reference #.

You then take that Air China booking reference and go to their website and try to pull up the reservation and do the seat assignment. How well that will work on CA website I'm not sure as I have never flown with them and never used their website. In principle, it should work though and even if not you can now call their reservations for a seat assignment using the newly obtained CA booking reference #.
I think I already have everything Air China needs to retrieve my booking. I have an e-ticket number, and a 6-digit Air China letter code that I got from CheckMyTrip (which is different than the 6-digit LifeMiles letter code). It's just that CA's website sucks, and doesn't accept anything I type into it, no matter what it is.