FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Award: Cathay Pacific / CX availability, etc. (2018-2022 archive)
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:58 pm
dkc192

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by katsgone79
The funny thing is that I can find a few "F" seats here and there but zero in business. It's just a big goose egg for the next two weeks (and it's not just now, I've been looking 1-14 days out since the beginning of November, just to get an idea of the availability I can expect when I truly need to leave). You'd think there'd be *something* somewhere, but nope. I've checked Qantas and BA, which is quite the cumbersome search effort if I do say so myself (and y'all know what I mean). I know that BA doesn't show CX availability within a week prior.

So I wonder if CX is again withholding the availability as they were this summer.

Edit: Just found HKG-->DEL on CX in J is available 28Nov. Perhaps I'm mistaken.
If you're talking about intra-Asia flights, then yes, I've noticed a similar trend. From 12/13 to 12/18, at the moment NOTHING is available in J, W, or Y from HKG to anywhere in SE Asia (SIN, KUL, BKK, PEN, SGN, CGK, DPS, SUB). I see some F here and there to CGK and a handful of married segments in lower cabins (e.g. TPE-HKG-BKK; not all that useful for someone originating in HKG or connecting from elsewhere and hoping to piece together an itinerary), but that's it. Flights to TPE, PVG, and PEK still seem to be available in line with historical patterns, so it sure seems like CX is playing games with some of their regional award availability, an alarming trend to be sure.