FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG hotels lost my loyalty
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2018, 9:14 pm
Fitzherbert Carruthers

Programs: Kris Flyer, Airpoints, TrueBlue, QF, SPGGold, Hilton Diamond,IHG Spire
I too am fast losing any loyalty to IHG over the events of the last week. Spent seven nights in Fiji recently. At the time of booking the app showed estimated points for the stay being approximately 31000. This is without any food and beverage spending. When I get back home my statement shows 26541 points earned.

Secondly, had to spend a night in Sydney on the way back. Booked Intercontinental Sydney on a non refundable rate. The app allowed me to buy extra 1000 points for AUD5, 2000 points for AUD10 and 4000 points for AUD15. Took the option to buy extra 4000 points. The confirmation email shows estimated points for that stay as being 9167 points. For this trip, my statement shows ZERO points earned. They have charged me for the extra 4000 points and given me zero points for the whole stay.

Normally when this type of thing happens, I jump on Twitter @IHG Service and get it sorted out. There is normally a lady called Pam who is very helpful. This time around I have been dealing with other staff (please come back Pam). Explained the situation to them and they have not been any help at all. For the Sydney stay, they have said that the app was wrong. Nothing further.

So far this year I have spent 26 nights at IHG properties and have a further 30 nights booked from now to the end of February. This experience is making me consider cancelling the upcoming nights and spending them at Hilton or Marriott properties.