FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best *A flights options MSP-TKO using UA miles
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:24 pm
dvs7310

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by sjackson12
Okay thanks. I also saw YUL-HND which would be on a 787-8, but would also be two less hours in business class I don't know if there's any substantial difference in biz between that one and the 777-300ER for AC.

edit: Just realized leaving from YUL or YVR would an extra connection as you mentioned, duh. So I'm going to scratch that one. I checked on the DEN-HND but didn't see any availiability.
You won't find DEN-HND because it doesn't exist. All UA flights go to NRT with the exception of one of the SFO flights, which goes to HND. The way to search and get both Tokyo airports together is to use the generic IATA code for Tokyo which is TYO. That will show you both HND and NRT flights. NH has quite a few of their North America flights to HND as does AC. The convenience of using HND over NRT really depends on when your flight arrives and departs. Flights arriving too close to midnight run the risk of missing the last train into the city and flights departing before 7am have the same issue coming from the city. There are a very small handful of night buses but they are extremely limited and unlikely to take you where you really want to go (unless that somewhere is Shinjuku).

As for your vegetarian needs, you can pre-order a vegetarian meal on any of the airlines mentioned, no need to rely on what's on the menu for that purpose, though usually UA has some non-meat pasta dish on offer on the main menu in biz. NH would be the worst one to reply on for the standard menu having something vegetarian. The Japanese meal will have several kinds of seafood and the western meals are going to be some kind of meat and fish entree.