FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions
Old Nov 24, 2018, 4:24 am
BA235

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MTJ Bound
So how are things going with the hand carried service? Faster? Slower? The predicted issues with drink top ups?
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Faster and better in every way.
I flew to the east coast yesterday and the service seemed to take an age. I say seemed, as I had been shunted from the first row to the last on a 772, and that may well explain it (did I read here something to the effect that the crew-passenger ratios are worse on the triple?). It was over an hour from wheels up to getting a drink (the crew were out of their seats within ten mins or so), starter arrived about 1hr40, main 2hr10, cheese or desert (crew adamant about the or) about 2hr50 with the tray cleared up about 15 mins later. There was no proactive offer of any drinks top ups but these were delivered when requested.

Overall, I’d rather they just went back to the old trollies that got clunked up and down the aisle. It all seemed much quicker (and again I emphaise seemed). I appreciate that there was apparently a desire to offer a more tailored service - and some elements of that are undeniably better vis the food quality, bigger better wine glasses and tumblers - but I’d rather have quick cheerful service. Perhaps the new plates, glasses or whatever wouldn’t fit into the old trollies?

I was also amused by the large advertisement in (I think) T5B as you emerge from the transit which shows a glass of wine and says something like ‘We know when you need another. Club World - intuitive service’.