FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2018, 3:23 am
estate

Programs: BA Gold
Amusing scene in the CCR this morning. A few of us were on the 830 to Dublin, we boarded at a remote stand and then the captain announced Dublin's radar had broken and wouldn't be up and running again until midday.
Those who wanted to offload themselves voluntarily could do so (including Grumpypants and myself).

Back in the CCR and the lady at the front desk is doing a wonderful job helping me rebook. Grumpypants storms past and goes out the old "secret door" and berates the staff there with "Who is actually in charge in this lounge!!?? I'm trying to rebook my flight and there's 200 staff in here and no-one will help me. [shouting now] I mean what is the point of being a gold guest list member and a Concorde Room member if no-one will help me rebook my flight!!"

He wandered off while the lady on the door got who I assume was the lounge manager. While she did so he came back, and stormed out the door muttering "useless, absolutely useless" under his breath as he walked by me.

I told the manager "Grumpypants stormed out", and gave him a sympathetic smile. I don't think anyone is having a good day here with the problems at DUB. Hope it resolves soon!