FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:26 pm
Woodsmit

Just booked for Xmas - New Year

Plans changed up a bit for Xmas at the last minute so was debating today where to go. Found a good paid business Black Friday fare to Singapore (Through JFK-FRA-SIN so don’t think I will have the business seats, but if anyone know different please let me know) and then managed to get a points garden villa at St. Regis Maldives for December 25 - Jan 3rd (480K points or 53K pts per night). Surprised it was available but folks who are interested in a last minute end of year trip should check as people must have cancelled.

Some quick questions as it is our first visit.
  1. Our flight into Singapore lands at 6:50 AM and then we are going to take the Silkair flight to MLE (10:05 - 11:55). How is the seaplane flight timing likely to work with that? Do they just try to match the time of landing and transport you over to the terminal to immediately catch the flight or will there likely be some sort of delay?
  2. On the return, we are currently on the 12:50 silkair back to SIN. How early do you think they will have us leave the resort? Toyed with the late night (think it was an overnight flight to SIN at 11:50 PM) flight but couldn’t bring myself to do the pink eye flight....
  3. We will have mask and snorkel, I assume they have fins on property? Based on early comments in thread, seems like yes.
  4. For folks who have done 9+ nights there, is there a cadence of dinner reservations they would recommend?
  5. Have not emailed the hotel yet about asking for cost of an upgrade to overwater villas, but assume I just email the hotel and ask or should I wait for them to contact me? Seems like the Xmas upgrade may be pricey based on recent comments in this thread.
  6. Any must do activities while we are there besides lying on the beach / deck?
Looking forward to it. Have spend the last 4 years doing the st Regis in Bora Bora so looking for a change of scenery.

Thanks!
:-)

Last edited by Woodsmit; Nov 23, 2018 at 5:11 pm