FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:24 am
gpb_croppers63

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
OK, so final update from me on this one for the moment (unless a miracle occurs and I get the upgrade before tomorrow ). As Knobbgb found, different agents have told me different things. The first agent completely stonewalled and said that if the upgrade was not cleared by the time the coupons expire, the waitlist would be cancelled automatically (those are the terms and conditions, deal with it!). Agent 2 told me that the waitlist would stay but one of the new coupons were used (it sounds like we got the same 2 agents in the same order Knobbgb ). I tried my luck once more about an hour ago and got a very helpful third agent who promised to send the request again and highlight that the coupons were going to expire tomorrow. To be honest, I'm resigned to losing these 2 coupons but at least I know I have given it my best shot. I'd thought I would lose them anyway, as I hadn't originally planned to book any A3 flights before they expired but then we suddenly made holiday plans for next year last weekend and my very kind OH was happy to combine a family holiday with an A3 segment run so we're all winners. If the upgrades come through, I'll be even more popular.

Thanks very much to all of you for your insights!