FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:47 am
maisondubonheur

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
I truly appreciate the last few posts. Nothing bad to say we enjoy the Aloft when the price is right...meaning cheap. I'm one of those who think that if I do land in BKK at 11pm, cheap makes sense, and next day we make a move if we want to.

4P next door GM point of view. Well, I like his way of looking at it. He decided to treat guests in respect of the room they stay in...and adds advantages to the room type. So if you are a Plat and land a decent upgrade...you don't get benefits as a Plat, but rather attached to the room type you sleep in. Brillant way to deal with ....how should people be treated!

So a normal Plat upgrade will land you a room that give you acces to ....the welcome point amenities ( a joke today, but not a one decided by the property), free breakfast for 2, cocktails for one hour...which ever hour you prefer at their bar....some kind of laundry (don't remember the exact wording)...and as an Ambassador, last stay, got a drinkable bottle of red wine (that alone in BKK for a lower end property is just magic).

So yes, if Aloft is 2100b and 4P is 3900b...I go for Aloft....but if Aloft is around the 3000b mark, and I don't want to log to the ROS....4P is a super deal....and their team rock!